Nguyen Thi Nam Phuong | Phuong Nguyen (b.1981, Vietnam)
Currently lives and works in Singapore, Nguyen Thi Nam Phuong has obtained a Diploma in Painting from Fine Art University of Ho Chi Minh city, a Higher Diploma in Animation Art from Lasalle College of the Art, Singapore and recently a BA(Hons) in Digital Animation from School of Art, Design and Media , Nanyang Technological University.
Her interest is to experiment with different techniques, plays with colour and composition to create a strong creative imagery for film and animation. For her, animation is an art form that not only expresses her emotions, but also evokes emotions in others.
Drop me a message here and i will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you :)
Nanyang Technological University, School of Art Design & Media, BA(Hons) in Digital Animation, 2012
Lasalle College of the Arts, Higher Diploma in Animation Art, 2007
2012 – Current | Artist/ Research Assistant | Art + Media | Earth Observatory of Singapore (EOS)
2007- 2012 | Freelance Artist
Innocent Memory | 2012 | Director
• Original Narrative - Student Short Film Festival |American University in Dubai | 2015 | Official Selection - Competition in Animation Category.
• Shorts Mexico, Festival Internacional de Cortometrajes de México | 2015 | Official Selection, International Animation Competition - Program 2.
• International Audiovisual Festival (FIAFest Colombia) | University of La Sabana, Colombia | 2015 | Official Selection- Competitive section in Best Animation Short Film
• Taglia Corti - International short movie and music video Festival | Italy | 2015 | Official Selection in Animation section.
• Montreal International Animation Film Festival MIAFF - ANIMAZE | 2015 | Screening - Filmmakers’ Lounge Program
• International Hall of the Light (Salón Internacional de la Luz) | Bogotá - Colombia | 2015 | Official Selection -Film and Audiovisual Schools
• Tracce Cinematografiche Film Fest | Italy | 2015 | Official Selection - Best Animation Short Film
• IndiEarth Animation Film Festival | Chennai, India | 2015 | Official Selection and Screening - Non-competitive
• UK Film Week , British Council | Hanoi-HCM | 2014 | Screening
• Short Piece TV Festival Press vitez/Press Knight in Serbia | Serbia | 2014 | Non-competitive - International Fiction Category Screening and Non-material Student Award
• First Take| Singapore, The Substation | September 2013 | Screening
• KAFF 2013 – 11th Kecskemet Animation Film Festival | Hungary | 2013 | Panorama Programmes / Asian Animation-Singapore
• VIFF – Vietnamese International Film Festival | USA, Irvine | 2013 | Screening
• Singapore Short Film Award 2013 | Singapore, The Substation | 2013 | Screening
• Future Shorts Autumn Film | Vietnam, HCMC | 2012 | Screening
• Yxine Film Fest | Vietnam | 2012 | Official selection in Local Competition
Red Dance | 2010 | Experimental animated short | Director
SOFTWARE / SKILLS
Proficient in different traditional painting techniques.
Adobe Photoshop CC
Adobe After Effect CC
Adobe Premiere Pro CC
Adobe Muse CC
Final Cut Pro
Dragon Stop Motion
Microsoft Word | Excel | PowerPoint